Re: This mailing list is being filtered for email addresses.

Bruce Thompson (bruce@otherother.com)
Sat, 6 Jul 1996 21:55:35 -0600

Hi,
I too received one of the mailings. In response I sent the following to
both the originator and to postmaster@357.com. I just received a reply from
the administrators at the site. They're investigating what steps they can
take against the instigators and what preventative steps can be taken. The
repsonse I sent is modelled after a suggestion I once heard for how to deal
with telephone solicitors. I figure if it works for them it should work for
junk e-mail too.

Here's the text of my reply:

>No, I don't need to hear this.
>
>Consider this formal notice of my request to be removed from whatever mailing
>list you have me on. Failure to comply will be considered explicit acceptance
>of the following contract.
>
>Contract between "tapeman@357.com" and Bruce Thompson. For a charge of $10.00
>per message payable to Bruce Thompson, Bruce Thompson is willing to read
>unsolicited electronic messages. An invoice will be sent automatically after
>each message received to be payed in full upon receipt.
>
> Thank you.
> Bruce Thompson

Cheers,
Bruce.

Bruce Thompson                  | "Rumors of our death have been greatly
Developer Technical Support     |  exaggerated."
Newton Systems Group            |      - Employees of Apple Computer, Inc.
Apple Computer, Inc.            |
bruce@newton.apple.com          | "Don't believe half of what you hear,
bthompson@applelink.apple.com   |  and most of what you read in the papers"
bruce@otherother.com            |      - Me

I don't speak for Apple, my opinions are strictly my own.