RE: [OpenAFS] Re: Openafs 1.3.78 and kernel 2.4.29 oopses , samefor 2.4.30 and openafs 1.3.82

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 14:54:54 EST

On Friday, May 20, 2005 12:12:05 PM -0700 ted creedon <tcreedon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gcc -dumpmachine #should prints out i586-suse-linux for a P III here.

I'd try a fresh single processor machine and force a 2.6 kernel, module
and afs recompile for a i586.

SuSE 9.3 costs $90 and it solved a similar problem noted in the mailings.
In fact the YasT installed openafs binaries ran fine.

The ksymoops man page has a script to tail -f /var/log/messages|ksymoops1
explained.

Are you sure there isn't a memory problem? I'm running out of ideas.
tedc

You're really trying too hard. The oops in question clearly shows EIP in osi_Panic(), which is _supposed_ to result in a crash. So, stop trying to analyze the mechanism by which osi_Panic forces a fault, and instead go look at your logs and tell us what the panic string was.