RE: [OpenAFS] Re: Openafs 1.3.78 and kernel 2.4.29 oopses , samefor 2.4.30 and openafs 1.3.82

From: Dimitris Zilaskos
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 15:38:03 EST

Gcc -dumpmachine #should prints out i586-suse-linux for a P III here.

here it prints: i486-slackware-linux

I'd try a fresh single processor machine and force a 2.6 kernel, module and
afs recompile for a i586.

SuSE 9.3 costs $90 and it solved a similar problem noted in the mailings. In
fact the YasT installed openafs binaries ran fine.

Do you have any pointers to Suse's solution and source code?I could check what they did and try it...

The ksymoops man page has a script to tail -f /var/log/messages|ksymoops1
explained.

I will try that , thnx :)

Are you sure there isn't a memory problem? I'm running out of ideas.
tedc

It's been a while since I memtested the box , I will try that also when I return at the office ( in about a week).

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f pgp_public_key.asc