Re: ACPI Hibernate and Suspend Strange behavior 2.6.7/-mm1

From: David Weinehall
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 01:01:24 EST

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 03:45:27PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:27:00PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:16:55PM +0000, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > I'm glad I'm not the only one that is suspecting that. I just tried
> > > switching my T40p from APM to ACPI. I got suspending to RAM working in
> > > ACPI, but noticed that when I got it back out of my laptop bag later, it
> > > was physically warm to the touch. It also had consumed more battery
> > > power than it would have when suspended with APM. And, if I would shine
> > > a bright light on the screen, I could make out text on it. In other
> > > words, the backlight was off but it was still displaying stuff.
> >
> > Does poweroff work for you? At least my T40 has problems shutting off
> > properly when using 2.6 + ACPI. A bit annoying; I have to keep the
> > powerkey pressed for a few seconds for it to turn off.
>
> The only way I ever turn the machine off is by running the halt command,
> and that is working fine for me. I haven't tried the power key.

I meant using the halt command (or rather shutdown -h now, since I've
learned not to expect halt to perform a proper shutdown sequence on
other Unixen). I must have something strange going on with my
installation then, since it doesn't work for me... Debugging time!

Regards: David Weinehall
--
/) David Weinehall <tao@xxxxxxxxxx> /) Northern lights wander (\
// Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //