Re: Re: building MINIX on LINUX using gcc

From: ckkashyap
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 03:38:09 EST

>comp.os.minix is the place to be!
Thanks...I just signed up!

>PS. Get the official MINIX sources, and use a XX-to-YY translator or
Where do I get the official sources from?

>write your own that converts the assembler sources to NASM. It
>shouldn't be that difficult., or do it by hand, since there's not much
>of it. The C code is ANSI and GCC should handle it. Then you can
>rewrite the Makefiles and possibly add linker scripts for LD, and you'll
>have MINIX built on Linux in no time.

What can I do to make it loadable by GRUB or so. I understand that /minix is a concatination of the various a.outs. Can I write a tiny executable
that will get loaded by GRUB that loaded /minix beyond 1M. Are there many initializations that need to be done before this?

regards,
Kashyap

---- Msg sent via Spymac Mail - http://www.spymac.com