Re: building MINIX on LINUX using gcc

From: James Buchanan
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 03:01:42 EST

Hi!

> I would like to build the MINIX kerenel on a LINUX machine using gcc + nasm!
>
> Is there MINIX source that is buildable on LINUX platform available?

comp.os.minix is the place to be!

See you there.

James

PS. Get the official MINIX sources, and use a XX-to-YY translator or
write your own that converts the assembler sources to NASM. It
shouldn't be that difficult., or do it by hand, since there's not much
of it. The C code is ANSI and GCC should handle it. Then you can
rewrite the Makefiles and possibly add linker scripts for LD, and you'll
have MINIX built on Linux in no time.