Re: VT82C686 && APM deadlock bug?

From: brian@worldcontrol.com
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 19:02:15 EST

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 04:37:01PM +0000, Jonathan D. Amery wrote:

> I haven't seen this reported anywhere, so apologies if you've heard this
> before:).
>
> in 2.4.9 and 2.4.16 with APM compiled in on my Sony Vaio FX201 laptop
> (Via VT82C686 chipset) sometimes when the hardware screensaver comes on
> (as a result of APM) the machine deadlocks and has to be powered off and
> on again. (Lots of fscking).
>
> If you want any more info, please ask :).

I experience the same problem on my Sony Vaio FXA32.

It seems to me to be related to the display.

I can sometimes go into standby mode while in text mode and things
seem fine.

Going into standby while in X cause the system to freeze.

I can go into standby and come right back out immediately and things
come back but there seems to be memory corruption.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>

Copyright (c) 2000 By Brian Litzinger, All Rights Reserved - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/