VT82C686 && APM deadlock bug?

From: Jonathan D. Amery (jdamery@chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 11:37:01 EST

 I haven't seen this reported anywhere, so apologies if you've heard this
before :).

 in 2.4.9 and 2.4.16 with APM compiled in on my Sony Vaio FX201 laptop
(Via VT82C686 chipset) sometimes when the hardware screensaver comes on
(as a result of APM) the machine deadlocks and has to be powered off and
on again. (Lots of fscking).

 If you want any more info, please ask :).

--
Jonathan Amery.      Now there's a light at the end of the tunnel,
   #####                Someone's lit a campfire in my cave.