Kernel-2.4.17pre8 & invalidate: busy buffer

From: Chen Shiyuan (csy@hjc.edu.sg)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 11:23:38 EST

Hello,

Currently while running on a RedHat Linux 7.2 box with kernel-
2.4.17pre8, whenever I run the "hdparm -t /dev/sda3" command, the
following error message will appear around 33+ times
in /var/log/messages as well as "dmesg" .

invalidate: busy buffer

The machine in question is a Dell PowerEdge 2550 with an AACRAID
controller and 2 x 18GB HDs in RAID-1 configuration and /dev/sda3 being
mount as / .

Is this a bug in the kernel or is it caused by some hardware faults?

Does anyone have any solution or workaround to this problem?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

(Please CC: replies to me as I am not subscribed to the list.)