Re: 2.4.16 & OOM killer screw up (fwd)

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 19:43:46 EST

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 05:08:44PM -0200, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Andrea,
>
> Could you please start looking at any 2.4 VM issues which show up ?

well, as far I can tell no VM bug should be present in my latest -aa, so
I think I'm finished. At the very least I know people is using 2.4.15aa1
and 2.4.17pre1aa1 in production on multigigabyte boxes under heavy VM
load and I didn't got any bugreport back yet.

> Just please make sure that when sending a fix for something, send me _one_
> problem and a patch which fixes _that_ problem.

I will split something for you soon, at the moment I was doing some
further benchmark.

> I'm tempted to look at VM, but I think I'll spend my limited time in a
> better way if I review's others people work instead.

until I split something out, you can see all the vm related changes in
the 10_vm-* patches in my ftp area.

Andrea