Re: Desperately missing a working "pselect()" or similar...

From: lkv@isg.de
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 11:40:29 EST

Christopher Friesen wrote:

> > I'm currently looking for a decent method to wait on either
> > an I/O event _or_ a signal coming from another process.
>
> > - Unix domain sockets would be awkward to use due to the fact
> > I'd need to come up with some "filenames" for them to bind to,
> > and both security considerations and the danger of "leaking"
> > files that remain on disk forever make me shudder...
>
> If you use a named socket in the abstract namespace, then it can't "leak" to
> disk....

Ok, but man 7 unix says:

 SCM_CREDENTIALS and the abstract namespace were introduced with
 Linux 2.2 and should not be used in portable programs

... and I really do want to write portable programs...

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg

--
 Dipl. Phys. Lutz Vieweg | email: lkv@isg.de
 Innovative Software AG  | Phone/Fax: +49-69-505030 -120/-505