Re: Floppy handling

From: Richard Stallman (rms@gnu.org)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 10:47:09 EST

    Over my dead body, mate.

I do plan to try to find someone to implement this fully, but I think
it would be unfortunate if your death were the result. I hope you
will find the courage to keep on living despite the existence of this
feature.

    I don't see why we have to bend over backwards when it's better
    for them to learn to get to grips with UNIX rather than be
    cosseted with historical MS crud.

I thought that making a system easier to learn was an improvement.
For example, GNOME is meant to make the system more self-evident and
simpler to learn. I never realized that this was misguided
"cosseting" of the users. Should we eliminate GNOME (and KDE) now ,
or is it too late?