Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: quade@therim.net
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 14:01:22 EST

> That's bad news, but I seem to recall kernel notes somewhere that in certain
> versions of the kernel, ext2 was screwed up. It also seems to not like certain
> hardware.
>
> Also, if it's taken you an hour to fsck a 4 GB partition, seems like you're
> either running a dog-slow machine, or you've got hardware problems anyway. It
> takes me about 20 minutes to run fsck on 25 GB worth of drive space on an AMD
> K6-2/266 with 64 MB of RAM.

Normaly it dosn't take much time, but when fsck needed to repair half the
inodes on the partision, it takes some time. I eventually got tired of
hitting the 'y' key, and restarted fsck to automaticaly fix errors. It
was just a normal IDE disk on an AMD K7-650 w/ 192M RAM, kernel 2.2.15. I
can't give you any more information because I don't have access to the
machine now that I'm on summer break.

later

Cris