Re: vfork

Wichert Akkerman (wakkerma@debian.org)
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:16:55 +0100

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

Previously Linus Torvalds wrote:
> If you can show that it works, and that you can strace a vfork() and over
> a clone(), then send me the patch and I'll apply it in a jiffy. I'd like
> to hear that it actually _does_ work in real life, and I'd be even happier
> if I'd see a working "strace" as a result. Ok?

I started a bit on adding support for tracing clone() in strace. I have
the basic framework in place, the only thing I need to do if I'm not
mistaken is modify the clone flags to add CLONE_PTRACE. I haven't had
the time to figure out how do to that yet..

Wichert.

--=20
/ Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience \
| wichert@liacs.nl http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |
| 1024D/2FA3BC2D 576E 100B 518D 2F16 36B0 2805 3CB8 9250 2FA3 BC2D |

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP--