Re: vfork

Wichert Akkerman (wakkerma@debian.org)
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:20:50 +0100

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H

Previously Mike Coleman wrote:
> I'm working on something that ptraces processes (a la strace), and this
> change would be useful and perhaps required for doing this. (I'm not sure
> the breakpoint loop trick strace uses will work in all cases for clone and
> vfork.)

The bpt-trick should work fine I think. strace is going to need it as a
fallback in case CLONE_PTRACE is not available since older kernels
don't have CLONE_PTRACE implemented.=20

Wichert.

--=20
/ Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience \
| wichert@liacs.nl http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |
| 1024D/2FA3BC2D 576E 100B 518D 2F16 36B0 2805 3CB8 9250 2FA3 BC2D |

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H--