Re: ppp not forwarding broadcast packets?

thoth@purplefrog.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 00:46:47 -0400

Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan <kayvan@sylvan.com> ,in message <14180.34172.708000.18
8426@satyr.sylvan.com>, wrote:

> thoth> Among the many problems plaguing me this weekend, ppp is not
> thoth> forwarding broadcast packets from a client onto the ethernet.

> Did you try adding the "proxyarp" option to the pppd invocation?

I had that on from the beginning. I can surf the internet from the Win98
client, I just can't get its broadcast packets forwarded onto the ethernet
(even when I reboot it to Linux, which isn't surprising since I blame the ppp
server).

kernel version was 2.2.4, is now 2.2.9.

command line looks something like this:

pppd 192.168.2.1:192.168.1.105 passive debug proxyarp nodetach connect chat -v -f /root/ppp/win98chat ms-dns 192.168.1.1 user saqqara name saqqara 115200 /dev/ttyS1

--
Bob Forsman                                   thoth@gainesville.fl.us
           http://www.gainesville.fl.us/~thoth/