Re: NFS locking failure (not the 2.1.127 thinko).

Olaf Kirch (okir@monad.swb.de)
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 14:01:00 +0100

On Mon, 09 Nov 1998 12:31:51 GMT, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Another problem I'm having is that the filesystems don't get properly exporte
> when the server is rebooted. Some clients seem to get excluded, and even thou
> gh
> the server is told to export 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0, it seems to ignore some of
> them, so they get refused access until they remount.

You must retain the xtab file across reboots, and shove it into the
kernel. Older rc files used to do the latter by running exportfs -a,
which is not quite correct but should do the job.

Maybe exportfs needs a -r flag (for refresh) that puts everything from
xtab into the kernel export tables.

Olaf

--
Olaf Kirch         |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir@monad.swb.de  |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax