Re: An Idea...

Eric (readalot@skinny.iswnet.com)
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 21:57:06 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, David B. Rees wrote:

> But there is a x86 emulator available called Bachs or something similar.
> freshmeat.net showed that they had a new release recently.

Bochs. It's an i386 emulator, open source but not free, shareware
or something. I've gotten 95 to run in it and I think others have
gotten 32 bit linux to run in it, perhaps even on NT. I haven't
looked at it in a while, hopefully they've gotten the ne2000
emulated by now.

The recursion possibilities are kind of interesting, run linux in a bochs
on linux in a bochs... Might be useful for fooling with Elks too.

Bochs isn't threaded so it's nice to have a dual processor machine
so that it can hog one.

Regards,
Eric