Re: 2.1.120 - too many errors on the network interfaces

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 16:54:39 +1200

On Sat, Sep 19, 1998 at 04:55:50PM -0700, david wrote:

> Reply to mail from Linux Kernel list about 2.1.120 - too many
> errors on the network interfaces
> -----------------
> >
> > I observerd this strange behaviour, my network doesn't seem to suffer but
> > I accidentally typed ifconfig and saw those too many errors, the stranger
> > it is that there are lots of errors on each interface...
>
> Please wander your fingers into the linux/Documentation/Changes file and
> read therein :) You may find several things to amuse yourself.

This is such a FAQ I'm beginning to think the we need to make sure
existing versions of net-tools (and similar things) check the output
is pretty much exactly what we expected - no extra fields, etc. and
barf if this is not the case.

Silently giving crapola results is too confusing for many people.

-cw