Re: Warning, cua2 opened, ...

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:51:54 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

Alan Cox wrote:
> > to be on by default by the kernel at boot-up time --- and that wasn't an
> > accident. (2) tcsetattr is one of the few ioctl's which is allowed
> > after a hangup, so it will work anyway.
>
> Ok thats the bit I needed to know. That means I can SIG_IGN sighup and
> sort it.

I don't think you need to care about SIGHUP at all. IIRC, you'll only get
SIGHUP if the device is your controlling tty - unless your program is a
daemon which has no other controlling tty and WANTs the SIGHUP.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de