Re: RAID1 under 2.0.32

Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 01:38:26 -0800 (PST)

I have a half dozen boxes with 2940's in them. none of them have
experienced scsi related problems under 2.0.32...

joelja

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Alan Cox wrote:

> > One "rumour" that I heard was that "changes in the scsi subsystem
> > for 2.0.32 were so extensive that the aic7xxx driver broke" although
> > I have no way of verifying the truth/falsehood of this.
> > Therefore, I may as well spread the rumour ...
>
> Since it is wrong, don't bother. All 2.0.32 changes materially is the
> AHA29xx driver to make it more stable. See
> http://linux.dialnet.net/LMP

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage