Re: Juliet ISO9660 Extensions

Teunis Peters (teunis@usa.net)
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:15:56 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Geoffrey E. Gallaway wrote:

> Is there any chance that the linux kernel or some module would support
> the Juliet extensions to the ISO9660 FS? Its a windows 95 (ehh, what can
> i do, they give me a cd, i gotta use it) extension so it can handle long
> filenames...
>
> Shoot me if you will..

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/joliet.html
Amongst other places prolly.
Don't know if it works...
Apparently only supports up to 2.1.42 (pre-dcache)
[and 2.0.29 - should work on 2.0.30series]

I _REALLY_ wish this could be in the kernel - BUT due to translations (Yet
Another Unicode Filesystem) this is a 'can't happen'. I _REALLY_ gotta
finish that UTF-8 code [hopefully this weekend] - work been too busy.

G'day, eh?
- Teunis