Re: TI CPU Upgrades

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:54:10 +0100 (GMT/BST)

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Keith Rohrer wrote:

> The CPU's I remember from TI, they fabbed for Cyrix, so all concerns
> relative to the Cyrix 486DLC will apply...
>
> ...which basically means grab yourself the cyrix patch if you want to
> try enabling certain optimizing features, otherwise don't bother (I
> didn't).

TI might have made Cyrix CPUs but the old TI clones were pre-Cyrix
and different designs. Anyway I don't think those old 486 clones
(of any persuasion) had any enhancements worth playing with. Even
the 5x86 and 6x86 had many, ah, "features" related to their enhanced
capabilities for quite a while...

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |