Re: 2.1.43 inode cache problem?

Tsurng-Chen Chern (maxchern@earthlink.net)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:30:47 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, something definitely wrong with the new fs code.
What happended to me was that I tried to reinstall the
modules but I didn't want to overwrite the old ones, so
I renamed /lib/modules/2.1.43 to /lib/modules/2.1.43.old,
and then reinstalled the modules. Somehow, most of files
under 2.1.43 and 2.1.43.old got mixed up, looked like they
all pointed to the same inodes, after that, I could not
even remove the 2.1.43.old directory. So all I could do
was reboot the machine, got rid of both directories and
reinstalled modules again. I guess I'll stay away from
mv command for a while.

--
Max Chern, Unix Software Engineer     |  Voice: 818-296-5014
EarthLink Network, Inc.               |  Fax:   818-296-5113