Re: [patch] x86: Introduce BOOT_EFI and BOOT_CF9 into the reboot sequence loop

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Mar 02 2014 - 17:27:23 EST

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 06:13:47AM +0800, Li, Aubrey wrote:

> If you have a system can't be rebooted by all of the known methods, we
> have to figure out how to make reboot work and add the new methods.

The only methods used by Windows are the keyboard controller, the ACPI
registers and (according to your results) the EFI reboot mechanism. If
none of those work under Linux but Windows is able to reboot
successfully then we don't need to add new methods, we need to find out
why the existing methods don't work.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx