Re: i835GM flicker on panning

From: Thomas Richter
Date: Mon Sep 23 2013 - 04:31:06 EST

Hi Daniel, hi others,

On 22.09.2013 22:03, Daniel Vetter wrote:
Hm, that sounds a bit more like the ddx is having fun with rendering.
Have you tried switching the backed from to either SNA or UXA? Also
adding relevant mailing lists ...

No, whether I use uxa or sna makes no difference, same problem. I
don't think it's rendering related. The rendering is ok (except for
some defects in tuxracer if sna is used instead of uxa).

Can you please test with

Option "LinearFramebuffer" "true"?

Did. Still flickers. I'm not quite sure, but it seems to me that there is at least one change (but allow me to test): If I'm now panning from left to right (move the mouse to the right), then the screen is stable. If I move it to the left, I get the flicker. Which is pretty strange.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, the tiled mode created flicker no matter whether I scrolled left to right or right to left, it just depended on the position. Wierd.

Greetings,
Thomas