Re: scheduling while atomic & hang.

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jul 04 2013 - 13:22:15 EST

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> top of tree was 0b0585c3e192967cb2ef0ac0816eb8a8c8d99840 I think.
> (That's what it is on my local box that I pull all my test trees from,
> and I don't think it changed after I started that run, but I'll
> double check on Friday)

Ok. So that has all the scheduler changes, and all the x86 changes
(and all the cgroup workqueue changes too - but without any call chain
at all, I'm disinclined to blame those yet).

> I don't use the auto config, because I end up filling up /boot
> unless I go through and clean them out by hand every time I install
> a new one (which I do probably a dozen or so times a day).
> Is there some easy way to prune old builds I'm missing ?

I'm sure it could be done automatically some way, but yeah, I just do
it by hand. I often *compile* dozens of kernels a day, but I seldom
install more than one or two even during the merge window..

Linus