Re: New copyfile system call - discuss before LSF?

From: Zach Brown
Date: Fri Feb 22 2013 - 13:23:10 EST

> This seems to be suspiciously close to a clear consensus on how to
> move forward after many years of spinning our wheels. Anyone want to
> promote an actual patch before we change our collective minds?

It seems like we'd want to start with the exisiting (presumably
bitrotten) prototypes that Trond has for nfs and that Martin has for
block->scsi. Mash the new syscall on top of and get them working in
current mainline.

I'd be happy to take responsibility for making forward progress if no
one else has the bandwidth.

Trond, Martin, would that make sense? Are the most recent versions of
the prototypes available somewhere?

- z