Re: [BUG arm-soc] mvneta: tx queue done sometimes causes kernelpanic

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 20:21:06 EST

Hello,

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:52:12 -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote:

> Driver is buggy, as TX completion can happen both from ndo_start_xmit()
> and a timer, and there is no spinlock or appropriate synchro.

Yes, it is a known issue. I did post a patch fixing the problem on
netdev@ a while ago [1], but while it was fixing the problem, it wasn't
considered the right approach. Being busy with other Marvell Armada
370/XP developments, I haven't yet had the time to investigate the
issue again.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1941601/

Best regards,

Thomas