query about create_mnt_ns

From: Rajat Sharma
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 07:14:38 EST

Hi,

I was looking at implementation of init_mount_tree() function and
found a discrepancy in list manipulation of mnt_namsespace and
vfsmount across kernel version 2.6.30. Up till kernel version
2.6.30.x, vfsmount structure was added to the list headed by
mnt_namespace structure just allocated:

list_add(&mnt->mnt_list, &ns->list);

Beyond that with the introduction of function create_mnt_ns(), it does
reverse of previous behavior:

list_add(&new_ns->list, &mnt->mnt_list);

i.e. it is adding new mnt_namespace to the vfsmount list. Is this the
expected behavior? i.e. do we want to maintain list of namespaces per
mount? Please let me know if I am missing something here.

-Rajat