Re: [ANNOUNCE] 2.6.33.7-rt29

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Date: Fri Dec 31 2010 - 14:56:53 EST

On 12/24/2010 02:36 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
On 12/21/2010 05:52 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
We are pleased to announce the next update to our new preempt-rt
series.
Information on the RT patch can be found at:

http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

To build the 2.6.33.7.2-rt30 tree, the following patches should be
applied:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.33.7.tar.bz2
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.33.7.2-rt30.bz2

Enjoy !

I'm testing it right now and it does seem to have fixed some stuff, for
example I don't see any more errors when waking up from a sleep state.
Anyway, I'll let you know of any problems...

So far so good...

Thanks a lot! (and also good to know about the plans for 2.6.37.x rt!)

A question: I need to find out the pid of the irq process that handles a particular audio device from the information available from udev (to dynamically change its rt priority).

AFAICT that is not really possible. I can find the irq number easily but if there is more than one device using that number then I'm sort of stuck. The naming of the irq processes for each card appear to be hardwired strings in the driver code that do not necessarily correspond to any other name in the driver itself.

Is there a connection between the two somewhere in /sys, /proc or anywhere else that I'm missing? (ie: which interrupt process corresponds to which driver?)

-- Fernando