Re: [2.6.35-rc6 patch] increase kmemleak robustness at boot

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 12:49:33 EST

Daniel J Blueman wrote:
I've consistently been experiencing kmemleak exhaust it's 400-entry
early-boot buffer and disabling itself; there have been reports of
this also, and I'm finding this on x86-64 with various debug options
enabled.

If we issue a warning and allow the buffer to wrap, we don't need to
hit the kill-switch. While we lose track of some early potential
leaks, it's better than no functionality.

Let me know if it's acceptable, and many thanks for such an excellent tool,

Is it just potential leaks that we lose or can this cause false positives?