Re: bug fix patch lost: git problem or just incorrect merge?

From: David Miller
Date: Fri May 21 2010 - 18:07:16 EST

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 09:45:49 -0700 (PDT)

> One of the reasons I ask people to let me merge is that it results in
> cleaner history to not have criss-cross merges. And another is that I'm
> pretty good at it, and letting me make merges also means that I am more
> aware of problem spots.

That wasn't possible in this case.

This happened more than a week ago, as I needed to merge your tree into
net-2.6 to resolve a conflict there. That's what took in the iscsi
bug fix, and this is way before the merge window.

Then I needed to pull net-2.6 into net-next-2.6 to resolve conflicts
existing between those two trees.

And this is why I ended up having to do the merge :-)

>> Either way, of course, we need the patch back ...
>
> I'll fix it up.

Thanks Linus.