Re: [GIT PULL 0/2] perf session fix host_machine handling wrt build ids

From: Stephane Eranian
Date: Thu May 20 2010 - 05:54:25 EST

Arnaldo,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
<acme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [root@doppio linux-2.6-tip]#
> [root@doppio linux-2.6-tip]# perf archive
> Now please run:
>
> $ tar xvf perf.data.tar.bz2 -C ~/.debug
>
> wherever you need to run 'perf report' on.

Supposedly, on the remote machine with the perf.data +tarball files,
I should be able to run perf report, perf annotate.

I tried that. The perf report works but not perf annotate. It can't
find the binary image of my program. Yet there is a copy in the
.debug subdir. It seems, it is looking for the image using the
absolute file path in perf.data, instead.

Am I missing something here?