Re: 2.6.34 + ssh segfault

From: George Spelvin
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 23:43:45 EST

> This makes no sense to me, the EIP is in the midle of an instruction.
> (29 <cf> sub %ecx,%edi )
>
> Bad compiler, cosmic ray, bad hardware... I dont know.
>
> Try to rebuild completely the kernel with gcc-4.5, or gcc-4.4.3 ?

Actually, I started just recompiing with the same compiler and am
suffering internal compiler errors. Which go away when I type "make"
a second time. I think I need to check my hardware.

So although it's a geniuine bug in *my* kernel, it's not looking
like a problem with the source code.

Apologies for the false alarm.