Re: [BUG] SLOB breaks Crypto

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Tue May 18 2010 - 21:06:35 EST

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:20:34AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> It would be better if the minimum alignment was exposed to generic code
> though -- you're right that the CPP tests in linux/crypto.h really
> shouldn't have to exist. If it wasn't for that, then the crypto problem
> wouldn't have occurred.

While this problem wouldn't have occurred, we would instead have
data corruption/alignment faults on architectures such as sparc32
or ARM that require 64-bit alignment for 64-bit objects.

So no getting rid of them isn't going to fix things either. Of
course I have no objections to moving this into slab.h or a similar
location should anyone be willing to do the hard work.

Thanks,