Should I choose SLOW_WORK?

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 19:10:18 EST

I am newly presented with

Enable slow work thread pool (SLOW_WORK) [N/y/?] (NEW) ?

The slow work thread pool provides a number of dynamically allocated
threads that can be used by the kernel to perform operations that
take a relatively long time.

An example of this would be CacheFiles doing a path lookup followed
by a series of mkdirs and a create call, all of which have to touch
disk.

However, this does not tell me whether I need or want this.

And, why must the user make this choice at all? Surely it can be auto-selected, if cachefs is enabled? At a minimum, hide this under CONFIG_EMBEDDED or whatnot, so that most users don't see this choice, IMO.

Jeff