Re: [Announce] 2.6.29.1-rt4

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 19:10:42 EST

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 00:02 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > Happens this shutdown/suspend problem every time or is this sporadic ?
> >
> > For me it is repeatable (on both a laptop and a desktop machine so it
> > does not appear to be very hardware specific). It might be of course an
> > interaction with the Fedora patches I use.
> >
> > In the category of "I wish I had a crystal ball" reports with no hard
> > data, I can confirm that my build of rt4 does hang. I was trying
> > 2.6.29.1-rt4 during a rehearsal for a concert yesterday[*] and after a
> > hard hang I reverted to the vanilla Fedora kernel (which is what I had
> > been using because of that problem - no clues left behind in logs).
>
> Hmm. Can you upload your full patch queue and the binary rpm so I can
> give it a test ride ?

Sure, no problem. I just did a release to planetcore-testing repo (with
a warning to the planetccrma list), you can find it here:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/i386/repoview/index.html
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/x86_64/repoview/index.html

(the one I have tested and hangs is the i386 PAE version)
Source here:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/testing/10/SRPMS/

(if you don't want to figure out the .src.rpm - I would not blame you -
I can give you a list of the patches that were actually applied - of the
ones that are included in the package)

-- Fernando