Re: libata - anomaly performance with NCQ

From: Bartosz SKOWRON
Date: Fri Jan 30 2009 - 20:25:31 EST

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Robert Hancock <hancockr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 1) cause the title contains "with hdparm"...does it mean that
>> physically the performance is OK and only hdparm shows something
>> wrong?
> Well, hdparm is a fairly crude benchmark but there's likely at least some
> impact in other usage.

It's not an answer for my question. So, should I check with other
benchmarks? I thought that this's issue is investigated and the answer
is common. Do you recommend any "not crude" benchmarks? :)

>> 2) there is an information about upgrading firmware. as far as i know
>> Seagate doesn't publish firmwares. So the only way is to contact
>> seagate support, send the hdd and wait for the new one?
> I think Seagate can provide firmware updaters for the user to use, but
> normally only if you contact support I think.

I will send the email cause there is no phone line for my country.
BTW. upgrade firmware == damage data?