Re: [git pull] "big box" x86 changes, bootmem/sparsemem

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 19:47:10 EST

* Johannes Weiner <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > mm: allow reserve_bootmem() cross nodes
>
> I find it sad that this goes in now. I wrote a clean version of
> reserve_bootmem() [1] and it was rejected with arguments that I did
> not understand [2] and that were not further explained even though I
> asked for it [3].
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/16/76
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/16/234
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/16/250

oh, i had your patches applied then undid them due to this:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0804.2/0253.html

havent seen a followup to that mail so it was 'issue pending'.

so i very much agree that your changes are cleaner, i just wanted to
have one that has all the fixes included.

Would you like to post a patch against current -git or should i extract
the cleaner reserve_bootmem() from your previous patch?

Ingo