Re: If you want me to quit I will quit

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 13:41:49 EST

> Because if it becomes normal coding practice, now people cannot work with
> you sanely any more (ie some random person pulls your tree for testing,
> and then I pull it at some other time, and the tester reports a problem,
> but now the commits he is talking about don't actually even exist in my
> tree any more, and it's all really messy!).

It also depends on whare you are located in the dependency tree.
Being kbuidl maintainer I have very few people that actually
pull me git tree (except from -mm and -next).
So I rebase at will and have so far not got a single complaint
from anyone pulling my tree.

But people like Davem and Ingo sits much higher in the dependency chain
and thus they have a very different set of users and thus a different
set of problems to take into account.

Sam