Re: ACPI on Averatec 2370

From: Frank Hale
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 19:52:52 EST

I have the latest BIOS update for my laptop which is buggy I suppose.
There has been only one update this year if my memory serves me
correctly. Is there any hope to fix this or am I at the mercy of the
hardware vendor which apparenlty doesn't look like they will release
another patch this year. Please forgive me as I am not a kernel
developer but a concerned user. I've sacrificed ACPI in favor of SMP
at this point, I don't know what it's buying me but the kernel boots
and works fine with the draw back that I have no ACPI and I have to
manually power the computer down by pressing the power button when it
halts. I can live with that if that is the solution but I haven't
really tracked as far as the high level dev stuff goes in this thread
and don't know what the solution might be.