Re: ACPI on Averatec 2370

From: Joachim Deguara
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 05:46:54 EST

On Thursday 09 August 2007 01:52:37 Frank Hale wrote:
> I have the latest BIOS update for my laptop which is buggy I suppose.
> There has been only one update this year if my memory serves me
> correctly. Is there any hope to fix this or am I at the mercy of the
> hardware vendor which apparenlty doesn't look like they will release
> another patch this year.

You can fix this with the kernel parameter nolapic_timer as Cal reported
earlier that working right, or try Andi's patch to automagically mark the
lapic as bad. This should work fine with ACPI.
The BIOS is at fault but Andi's patch just works around the BIOS'
incompleteness and has been successful for two other people.

-Joachim