MPT Fusion LSI22320 , Domain validation loops .

From: Mr. James W. Laferriere
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 16:42:58 EST

Hello All , I am have been having this problem since I purchased the controller and after changing out the disks I thought were the problem .
I am still getting the continous :

mptscsih: ioc1: attempting task abort! (sc=f7a64500)
scsi 3:0:4:0:
command: Inquiry: 12 00 00 00 60 00
mptbase: Initiating ioc1 recovery
mptscsih: ioc1: task abort: SUCCESS (sc=f7a64500)
target3:0:4: Domain Validation detected failure, dropping back
target3:0:4: Domain Validation skipping write tests
target3:0:4: Ending Domain Validation
target3:0:4: asynchronous
target3:0:5: Beginning Domain Validation
mptscsih: ioc0: attempting target reset! (sc=f7a64380)

The acutual device id's change and the driver continously resets the busses & starts all over .

The disks are in a HP DS-SL13R-BA 4354R 14drive ultra3 racKmount cabinet w/ dualbus & dualps , Which seems to present a ID6 , That does not show up in any of the bus scans .

Now I have previously had the same cabinet with 18gb disks which had the same problem with this controller . BUT I also have a LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1010 66MHz Ultra3 dual SCSI bus Adapter which works flawlessly with the 18gb disks in this very same cabinet .
The cables for connecting the adapter(s) to tha cabinet are less than 24 inches in length .

Would anyone please shed some light on what it is I am doing wrong or need to do or ....? Too have this controller recognise these disk drives in this cabinet .

Here is the WHOLE enchalada . Too big to put on the list so I posted them to my webpage .

http://www.baby-dragons.com/linux-2.6.20.2a.config
http://www.baby-dragons.com/filesrv1b-MPTFusion-problem.log

Tia , JimL