Re: RSDL v0.31

From: Al Boldi
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 16:53:39 EST

Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 20:48 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> > The most frustrating part of a discussion of this nature on lkml is that
> > earlier information in a thread seems to be long forgotten after a few
> > days and all that is left is the one reporter having a problem.
>
> One? I'm not the only person who reported regression.

Mike, I'm not saying RSDL is perfect, but v0.31 is by far better than
mainline. Try this easy test:

startx with the vesa driver
run reflect from the mesa5.0-demos
load 5 cpu-hogs
start moving the mouse

On my desktop, mainline completely breaks down, and no nicing may rescue.

On RSDL, even without nicing, the desktop is at least useable.

What we need is constructive criticism to improve the situation, either with
mainline or with RSDL. And for now RSDL is better.

Thanks!

--
Al