RE: MPT Fusion LSI22320 , Domain validation loops .

From: Moore, Eric
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 22:16:58 EST

On Saturday, March 17, 2007 2:33 PM, James W. Laferriere wrote:
> Hello All , I am have been having this problem since I
> purchased the
> controller and after changing out the disks I thought were
> the problem .
> I am still getting the continous :
>
> mptscsih: ioc1: attempting task abort! (sc=f7a64500)
> scsi 3:0:4:0:
> command: Inquiry: 12 00 00 00 60 00
> mptbase: Initiating ioc1 recovery
> mptscsih: ioc1: task abort: SUCCESS (sc=f7a64500)
> target3:0:4: Domain Validation detected failure, dropping back
> target3:0:4: Domain Validation skipping write tests
> target3:0:4: Ending Domain Validation
> target3:0:4: asynchronous
> target3:0:5: Beginning Domain Validation
> mptscsih: ioc0: attempting target reset! (sc=f7a64380)
>
> The acutual device id's change and the driver
> continously resets the
> busses & starts all over .
>
> The disks are in a HP DS-SL13R-BA 4354R 14drive ultra3
> racKmount cabinet
> w/ dualbus & dualps , Which seems to present a ID6 , That
> does not show up in
> any of the bus scans .
>
> Now I have previously had the same cabinet with 18gb
> disks which had the
> same problem with this controller . BUT I also have a LSI
> Logic / Symbios
> Logic 53c1010 66MHz Ultra3 dual SCSI bus Adapter which works
> flawlessly with the
> 18gb disks in this very same cabinet .
> The cables for connecting the adapter(s) to tha cabinet
> are less than 24
> inches in length .
>
> Would anyone please shed some light on what it is I am
> doing wrong or
> need to do or ....? Too have this controller recognise these
> disk drives in
> this cabinet .

There is a seperate mailing list for scsi releated issues, e.g.
linux-scsi@. I've posted a patch to address your issue several times,
however it seems its not been picked up by the scsi subsystem
maintainer. The last time it was posted was here:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=117089244809072&w=2 An alternative is
you could obtain our latest drivers from the LSI download site, where
these drivers should have this patch
http://www.lsilogic.com/cm/DownloadSearch.do.

Eric