Re: Fwd: PROBLEM: ide messages during boot caused by a strangepartition table

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 10:10:15 EST

Ar Llu, 2006-07-31 am 15:17 +0200, ysgrifennodd marco gaddoni:
> is it correct that the max lba sect is LBAsects=156368016 and the kernel
> is asking for 1052835654, 10 times more ?

No you are right - I miscounted the digits in the original report.

I'm still dubious the partition table is involved unless you've since
booted Windows and the two have been overwriting bits of each other.

What tool created the broken partition table - do you know, and which OS
was installed first ?