Re: Intel e1000 fails after RAM upgrade

From: Carsten Otto
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 18:08:11 EST

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 04:49:58PM -0600, Bonilla, Alejandro wrote:
> I remember a problem with the 100Ve and the 1000MT giving issues when it
> is a LOM or even a PCI adapter. I used to fix a lot of these problems by
> removing all power from the board molex, maybe the "battery" on the
> mother board for some minutes and then plug-in everything back in.

I carried the card around the house for some minutes (although the
computer had power for most of the time). I will try a bios reset
(without battery) now.

The kernel downgrade did not help.

e1000: eth0: e1000_reg_test: pattern test reg 0028 failed: got
0xA5A585A5 expected 0xA5A5A5A5

This is shown when testing with ethtool.

Bye,
--
Carsten Otto
c-otto@xxxxxx