Re: MM kernels - how to keep on the bleeding edge?

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 15:28:52 EST

Radoslaw AstralStorm Szkodzinski wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:45:41 -0400
Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxx> wrote:

have filters set up so that my mailer puts all mm-commits messages from the mailing list into a special "mm-commits" folder. Each time Andrew releases an -mm kernel, I rename my "mm-commits" folder to "mm-commits-%version%", such as "mm-commits-2.6.13-rc3-mm2" (I will probably have to create a folder like this tomorrow, or in a few hours/days ;-) ... Then I create a new "mm-commits" folder to hold all new patches not yet in the latest -mm kernel. As of right now, my current "mm-commits" mail folder has 153 patches in it, although I think I may have lost a patch or two...

The problem is detecting if or when the latest -mm got created.
If I have to do it by hand, it becomes a major PITA.
I could use RSS to do this, but some patches may still hit the wrong
folder. What's more it would create unnecessary network load.
There are sometimes only a few minutes between "patch in -mm1"
and "patch in -mm2".

There's an RSS feed for -mm ??? Where is that located?

--
Michael Krufky