Re: MM kernels - how to keep on the bleeding edge?

From: AstralStorm
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 15:19:55 EST

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:45:41 -0400
Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have filters set up so that my mailer puts all mm-commits messages
> from the mailing list into a special "mm-commits" folder. Each time
> Andrew releases an -mm kernel, I rename my "mm-commits" folder to
> "mm-commits-%version%", such as "mm-commits-2.6.13-rc3-mm2" (I will
> probably have to create a folder like this tomorrow, or in a few
> hours/days ;-) ... Then I create a new "mm-commits" folder to hold all
> new patches not yet in the latest -mm kernel. As of right now, my
> current "mm-commits" mail folder has 153 patches in it, although I think
> I may have lost a patch or two...

The problem is detecting if or when the latest -mm got created.
If I have to do it by hand, it becomes a major PITA.
I could use RSS to do this, but some patches may still hit the wrong
folder. What's more it would create unnecessary network load.
There are sometimes only a few minutes between "patch in -mm1"
and "patch in -mm2".

--
AstralStorm

GPG Key ID = 0xD1F10BA2
GPG Key fingerprint = 96E2 304A B9C4 949A 10A0 9105 9543 0453 D1F1 0BA2
Please encrypt if you can.